Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.
Mai 17, 2024, 07:16:51
Übersicht Ungelesene Beiträge auflisten Hilfe Suche Spiele Mitgliederkarte Kalender Login Registrieren

Schnellsuche
+  MODDING-FAQ FORUM
|-+  LCDs und -Software
| |-+  LCDs Allgemein (Moderator: xonom)
| | |-+  VFD: Software (Noritake CU20045SCPB-T23A 4x20 VFD)
  « vorheriges nächstes »
Seiten: 1 2 3 [4] nach unten Drucken
Autor Thema: VFD: Software (Noritake CU20045SCPB-T23A 4x20 VFD)  (Gelesen 40550 mal)
Shark5060
LCD-Checker

mv -f .* * /dev/null

Profil anzeigen WWW
Re:VFD: Software (Noritake CU20045SCPB-T23A 4x20 VFD)
« Antwort #45 am: November 5, 2003, 20:01:34 »

Some are Text Character, some are Graphical. and some can do both... it's just like the LCDs...

I don't know exactly, but i think the are some VFD that support HD44780.
also there are some special VFD softwares out in the internet, but it's not the same like the LCD software.

there's a new "ready to use" VFD dispaly: the L.I.S. (Lost in Space) VFD Display... but who wants to buy ready to use mods ??

Signatur q.q'
Klinkerstein
Gast

« Antwort #46 am: November 5, 2003, 20:09:12 »

Some are Text Character, some are Graphical. and some can do both... it's just like the LCDs...

I don't know exactly, but i think the are some VFD that support HD44780.
also there are some special VFD softwares out in the internet, but it's not the same like the LCD software.

there's a new "ready to use" VFD dispaly: the L.I.S. (Lost in Space) VFD Display... but who wants to buy ready to use mods ??

Good question, I dont buy some.... and i won't
You are only able to gain some Experience, when you du everything yourself. And Not, when you buy some Ready-to-Use things....

Thanx for that Info, We could have speak (spoken) german °>|, but english is also an good language  Grin Grin

(I have to train my english vocabular, I think i will be better at the next English-test at the school Grin)
« Letzte Änderung: November 5, 2003, 20:11:23 von Klinkerstein » Gespeichert
Falzo
Diktator vom Dienst
Administrator

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antwort #47 am: November 5, 2003, 20:50:36 »

may be, if you're english gets better, soon you'll be able to use the whole internet  ;-)
this way you can do searches at google for english written pages too and stop spamming around asking dumb questions  Tongue

PS: no offense meant! shift the blame to your bad english or dict.leo.org   Grin Grin Grin

...bis einer heult!
find virtual reality related boards at https://vrforum.de
Klinkerstein
Gast

« Antwort #48 am: November 5, 2003, 20:57:23 »

Please let me do one last Offtopic Post *lol*

I understand English very well (man beachte das adverb muhaha/look at that adverb). But think and write an own text is not so easy as it seems sometimes.

Cold Dog
Modding-Noob

Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #49 am: November 6, 2003, 02:43:10 »

Surely not. The problem is - I don't have one  Grin Shark5060 connected the VFD, I just got it completely running.

Jeez, Olaf, I hadn't heard from you in a while so I thought you were ignoring me... Huh Cheesy  Eheh....

Zitat

Well... Noritake made it as simple as the IEE's - set jumpers, connect three wires and off with it. The problem is, the Noritake only accepts TTL-Levels (0V and +5V), not RS232-Levels (-12V and +12V). Looks like the IEE's were ready for RS232.

Here's a pic of the back of the BG Micro (IEE) 2 x 20 VFD:

Perhaps it has its own way to get RS232 levels onboard?

Obligatory front shot:

BTW, www.bgmicro.com got some more of these in but they bumped the price to $32.50.  (They were originally $20).  Still not a bad deal for a huge display with big 9mm characters....  I know some Europeans that bought some of these (yes, they ship international) and shipping wasn't too bad at about $10....

Zitat

Always. Whoever comes first is getting it first  Grin We're in research for connecting Parallel LCD/VFD to USB and it looks like we have a solution that needs some Software  Grin

Well, click on my "email" icon over on the left and send me your mailing address and I'll send you one of these (CU20045SCPB-T23A ) and probably some other stuff, too.  It's yours to keep - I just ask that you help me get it going serial (preferred) or parallel (that'll work, too).  If you can furnish some wiring diagrams or relay the info to me, I will see to it that it gets posted at VFDWorld and that you receive full credit.

Shark:  So, Dan_Dude's wiring diagram works OK?  It's just a software problem?  Did you hook up both +5v's and both grounds?

Klinkerstein:  VFD's, in my opinion, look so much better than LCD's.  They are "prettier".   Cheesy
OlafSt
Global Moderator

Master of STLCD and LISA III

Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #50 am: November 6, 2003, 08:44:09 »

Jeez, Olaf, I hadn't heard from you in a while so I thought you were ignoring me... Huh Cheesy  Eheh....

Definitely not. When you're in my ignore list, you will know  Grin I'm just a bit busy ATM.

Zitat

Perhaps it has its own way to get RS232 levels onboard?

Not so easy to see. Maybe it's integrated into the Controller-Chips.

Zitat

Well, click on my "email" icon over on the left and send me your mailing address and I'll send you one of these (CU20045SCPB-T23A ) and probably some other stuff, too.  It's yours to keep - I just ask that you help me get it going serial (preferred) or parallel (that'll work, too).  If you can furnish some wiring diagrams or relay the info to me, I will see to it that it gets posted at VFDWorld and that you receive full credit.

Address sent. I will try my best getting it running in serial mode - hopefully I won't turn that green pertinax to something like carbondioxide and other ugly, black things  Wink

@Klinkerstein: Your english is absolutely OK. Keep up learning a bit more Grin

Erstens: Lies was da steht. Zweitens: Denk drüber nach. Drittens: Dann erst fragen
Cold Dog
Modding-Noob

Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #51 am: November 6, 2003, 11:18:44 »

Address sent. I will try my best getting it running in serial mode - hopefully I won't turn that green pertinax to something like carbondioxide and other ugly, black things  Wink

Eheh...  Smiley  Sounds good....  The USB thing sounds interesting, too....

Noritake - the "U" series seems to be straightforward - parallel only, 14-pin connector, +5v power and HD44780 compatible...  My findings show that all the "U" series models hookup the same way and run easily with many different LCD software in HD44780 mode....

The "T" series (like the subject of this thread), on the otherhand, is parallel and serial (seems with limitations), 16-pin connector with alternate serial 3-pin connector and +5v power.....  Hmmm, seems to be a very tough nut to crack......  

Here's some techdocs on the Noritake CU20045SCPB-T23A (if you don't have them already):

Short version

Long version T28 model (sister display)

Identical Samsung model (long version)

I am waiting on some VFD filters (red, blue, green, yellow, etc.) to arrive... Well, actually they are photographer's gel sheet.  They won't be here till Monday (10th).   I will throw some of those in the box and the package will  leave on Tuesday (11th).

So, Good Luck and let me know or post back here when the package arrives.... Smiley

thx man, CD

Seiten: 1 2 3 [4] nach oben Drucken 
« vorheriges nächstes »
Gehe zu:  

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge