Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.
Mai 14, 2024, 20:41:19
Übersicht Ungelesene Beiträge auflisten Hilfe Suche Spiele Mitgliederkarte Kalender Login Registrieren

Schnellsuche
+  MODDING-FAQ FORUM
|-+  LCDs und -Software
| |-+  STLCD - Infos & Support
| | |-+  English documentation?
  « vorheriges nächstes »
Seiten: [1] nach unten Drucken
Autor Thema: English documentation?  (Gelesen 4490 mal)
Hak Foo
Gast

English documentation?
« am: Juli 4, 2005, 18:05:05 »

I'm sorry to bother this forum (especially with an English speaking question), but I'd like to know if there's english documentation (or a translation of the programme, better yet) for STLCD.  It supports my VFD (CU20045SCPB-T23A) which a lot of programmes don't do out of the box.  However, I have several problems getting the display exactly how I'd like, and the instructions aren't much help when I don't speak German. Sad

-The CPU usage meter is always zero.  Does this require MBM5 or something?

-The hard disc light flickers CONSTANTLY while STLCD runs.  I suspect it's checking 20 times a second to update the hard disc meters, but I turned those off in the configuration and it still flickers non-stop.  If I turn off STLCD, it stiops blinking.
OlafSt
Global Moderator

Master of STLCD and LISA III

Profil anzeigen
Re:English documentation?
« Antwort #1 am: Juli 5, 2005, 07:12:52 »

I'm sorry to bother this forum (especially with an English speaking question), but I'd like to know if there's english documentation (or a translation of the programme, better yet) for STLCD.

No, there isn't. I always wanted to translate at least the docs to english, but never had the motivation to do so.

Zitat
-The CPU usage meter is always zero.  Does this require MBM5 or something?

No. This function simply depends on your OS - and that's why STLCD requires NT/2K/XP. M$ didn't do a real good job there, so it is quite complex to get this feature to work.

Zitat
-The hard disc light flickers CONSTANTLY while STLCD runs.  I suspect it's checking 20 times a second to update the hard disc meters, but I turned those off in the configuration and it still flickers non-stop.  If I turn off STLCD, it stiops blinking.

The harddisc-meters never access the Harddisc (as far as I know, don't know if M$ does this). Maybe you have activated Error-Logging, which can be disabled. Set "UseLog=0" in STLCD.INI and the flickering stops. It is a good idea to delete STLCD.ERR, as most of the information in there won't help us.

Oh, BTW: There is no problem to ask there in English. I will try my best to help.

Erstens: Lies was da steht. Zweitens: Denk drüber nach. Drittens: Dann erst fragen
Hak Foo
Gast

« Antwort #2 am: Juli 6, 2005, 03:18:28 »

Error Logging was off.

With it on, I get a lot of

ST_SYSINFO: PDHError 800007D5: No data to return.

in STLCD.ERR.

The OS is Windows 2000, no service packs applied.  

I noticed on http://lcdsmartie.sourceforge.net/FAQ.htm a mention that they have trouble with the CPU meter always displaying 0 too.  However, the fix they mention, I don't have that key in my registry.
Hak Foo
Gast

« Antwort #3 am: Juli 7, 2005, 23:38:10 »

I've come up with an "end run" solution for the "zero percent CPU uage" problem.

Let MBM5 do the measurement.

-Install MBM5 (which I needed anyway to read the sensors)
-Tell MBM5 to read the CPU usage, it doesn't by default.
-Set the CPU usage meter to a name other than "CPU" (so it doesn't overlap with the CPU temperature)
-Let STLCD read the "CPUusage (percent)" sensor.  I first tried it without renaming the meter, and it kept saying 47 percent usage-- til I realised it was referring to the 47c proc temperature. Grin  Nothing I was doing needed 47 percent of an A64.

The one drawback is that this way doesn't give a very fast update... rather than having the gauge go from zero to 100 ten times, you'll see it sitting at 25 percent.
OlafSt
Global Moderator

Master of STLCD and LISA III

Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #4 am: Juli 8, 2005, 06:56:02 »

Just give me a chance to translate at least the docs. Using MBM for measuring CPU is, as you have learned by yourself, not the optimal solution. That's why I made the hard work grabbing these d**n Performance counters...

Erstens: Lies was da steht. Zweitens: Denk drüber nach. Drittens: Dann erst fragen
Seiten: [1] nach oben Drucken 
« vorheriges nächstes »
Gehe zu:  

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge